In Loving Memory of
Elizabeth M. Sinclair
Elizabeth Bruce Morrison Sinclair, born April 9, 1930 in Taitâ€™s Gap, AL and died at her home of natural causes on January 16, 2015 in Lewisville, TX. She was the daughter of John Bruce Morrison and Lucile White.
Elizabeth graduated from High School and then the University of Alabama in 1951. She started teaching school in Selma.
She married Lorenzo Vaughn Sinclair on August 2, 1952 at Lester Memorial Methodist Church in Oneonta, AL. He managed the family farm and she taught school until 1963, when he went to work for a Battery Company and after several moves they ended up in Lewisville, TX in the early 1970â€™s.
Elizabeth went to work for Tom Thumb in Cosmetics, later moved up into the main office. After leaving Tom Thumb, she started a very successful Catering business until Lo became sick and she closed it down to care for him until his death in 1986. Later her Mother came to live with her and she cared for her until she passed in 1995. Elizabeth then went back to teaching in the Lewisville schools, from which she retired. She still receives letters from her students both from AL and Lewisville schools, thanking her for her Caring and Friendship.
She was a fantastic cook, sharing with her neighbors and friends, Marinell, Joyce, Bob, Pat and Jack. Always ready to cook up a meal. She enjoyed eating at Macaroni Grill with Lierin, Bob and Pat. She loved doing research and spent years working on Genealogy for different families. She met online a couple, Betty and Martin Crawford, who became very good friends and traveled many times from Omaha to visit. They delivered her last treasure, Jitterbug, who she loved dearly.
In the last few years, she has had some very good help from Julia, Kay and the Visiting Angels. Thanks to them all.
She was an avid supporter of the Texas Food Bank and St. Judeâ€™s Hospital.
Elizabeth is survived by 4 daughters and 1 sister.
A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 2:00pm in the Chapel of Dalton and Son Funeral Home in Lewisville.